Dans Yamaha R125's Life

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Daniel Weaver, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

Hello I'm Dan from West Sussex I bought a brand new Yamaha r125 a couple of months ago from P & H motorcycles in Crawley. I may of bought my motorbike a few months ago but im going to start a long blog in this section (hopefully this thread is in the right section...) so here goes, enjoy :)

2. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

Yep right section fella, make sure there is lots of pics, everyone likes pics! You got much planned for the bike?

3. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

Yeah i have quite a bit planned for my bike :) plenty my friend :) you'll just have to wait and see over the next few weeks and months :) obviously the tail tidy kit first haha

4. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

This is my moped, it was my first bike and it cost me £1000 new it is a chinese import bike, replica of the speedfight 2, i sold it within 6 months for 600 and moved up in the world to get the sexy yamaha r125 :)

Attached Files:

5. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

This is me sitting on the bike in the shop AqRK1O7CEAEozAf.jpg

The day after it was delivered, as you can see there is still snow around. AqRK8sICMAAkSFW.jpg

The back
    AqRLAR7CAAAe6_r.jpg

Had a little play around with editing on my iPhone 4s, haha
    AqRLKpACIAAgyTG.jpg

Removed the pillion pegs, looks a little tidier now
    AqRLV8LCIAEnH4M.jpg

Good feeling after you wash your bike stand back and think, beautiful!
    AqRLnPWCAAEoEnH.jpg
    AqRLtIGCIAA-3f7.jpg

6. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

As you can see from all of my pictures before now, the front L plate is on the outside of the screen, and the shop (P & H) stuck it down with this black double sided sticky strip, which i had to remove with a hair dryer otherwise it wouldn't budge. But now i just whacked a hard L plate on the inside which in my opinion looks better and the corners obviously won't peel up in the head on wind.
    AqSYiGxCIAEjIkv.jpg
    The picture is slightly dark as i had only just fully cleaned and polished my bike in my garage as it was raining so the lighting isn't great.

7. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

That's how they did mine but I couldn't get it off :L as I've got a full license I don't need it and got a new screen!

8. Liam YZF

Liam YZF Member

I had a plastic L plate like that too, took it out to clean the screen one day and it never went back in, i know i should put it back in really but i get so much more respect on the roads when thats not the first thing people see and i've seen countless police with none of them batting an eye lid (plus it looks that little bit more gorgeous :p )

Rich1995 likes this.

9. Ive never had an l plate on the front of any of my bikes,and ive been stoped by police a few times,only for cheacks,and have not said anything about them not being on front.

Rich1995 and Daniel Weaver like this.
  10. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

That's pretty good until you come across a jobsworth... and even then you can get 3 points :/ unless you have a back up excuse prepared for eg having an already broken (purposely broken) L plate in your bag and then you can say it has only just come off :)

Devilchild likes this.
  11. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

AqSYiIGCAAA2sgy.jpg
    + with bag on...
    Aqh2qDPCIAEK2NX.jpg

12. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

Just received in the post the yamahar125.com sticker :) would of put it vertically on the screen down the side but the L plate would of made it less visible due to the whites. So i put it horizontally :) i like it. Aqwnpb2CQAEVFR5.jpg

AqwnsQUCMAErBbd.jpg

13. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

Have you taken the clear plastic off mate?

14. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

:O nooo didn't know I had to? Would it be too late to do it now?

15. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

No, just press firmly over each letter then slowly take the clear bit off :)

Joshg likes this.
  16. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

Oh right wow brilliant idea of a sticker! Not being sarcastic it's a clever way of getting individual letters! Will do it tomorrow :)

17. Jorge_Costa

Jorge_Costa Member

AHAHAHH Daniel ;)
    For who doesn't know seems kinda of WTF

18. Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver Member

Huh?

L-J-P likes this.

19. Willl have to grab a bronken one off a mate and lob it in my work bag then :)

20. Jorge_Costa

Jorge_Costa Member

The sticker, Daniel.