how to reset engine management light

Discussion in 'YZF R125 General Discussions' started by slim5878, Apr 11, 2011.

1. hi
    does any one know how to reset the engine management light
    cheers

2. Jay-Ramirez

Jay-Ramirez Member

reset?

3. yup the light is on n bike wont start

4. Jay-Ramirez

Jay-Ramirez Member

kinda obvious, dont be offended, Engine light means theres something wrong, especially when its on still anddosent let u turn the bike on, best advice call your local garage.

5. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

No brainer.

6. i paid a visit local dealership nice guys butt no diagnostic machine :confused: n the dealership i got the bike from is a d***

7. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

There's obviously something wrong!

8. YZFDanR125

YZFDanR125 Member

If he's a dick so what the main problem is there is something most likely seriously wrong with your bike being...
    1. The engine management light is constantly on...
    2. The bike wont start....
    3.= big problems...
    And that's in simple English for you dude, get it to a dealer ideally were you brought the bike from,
    Have you had this problem before? Did ride ok on the last ride? Was the management light on and you kept riding it?

9. MikasPT

MikasPT staff Staff Member

remove battery recharge it and put it again. see if the light turn off, if not you need to go to a yamaha dealer.

10. YZFDanR125

YZFDanR125 Member

With a flat battery the engine management light should'nt be on.

11. MikasPT

yes it can, it happen before in the past i can't remember the user but the yzf r125 of him just come to dealer in a service van and after change for a new battery light off and motorcycle runs normal.
    they only replace battery.

12. me and a mate were doing some work on my bike and we disconnected the fuel cut off switch whist the engine was running (dont ask) the engine cut out re-connected it then went to start it the engine light was on crank but no fire:confused:
    just noticed when the ignition is on there is no wirling sound
    battery has been disconnected over night and nothing
    no problems with engine light before this

13. YZFDanR125

YZFDanR125 Member

Sounds like your fuel pump is knackard mate if it's not priming up before start up..
    Is it under warranty if so your lucky..

14. MikasPT

ok, so you remove fuel tank plastic cover like this picture:
    [​IMG]
    you have 2 white connectors. with the engine running you just disconnect one of this wires?
    [​IMG]

15. YZFDanR125

YZFDanR125 Member

Mikas I'm sure that's what he did but if the fuel pump is not priming when ignition is switched on the pumps bust?

16. dan bike is nov 2010 and 300miles
    mikas no it the fuel cut out switch tilt switch under the rear seat

17. MikasPT

look for the fuse of fuel and replace if the fuses all are good you just kill fuel pump
    see if the connectors are in position, check all fuses.

slim5878 likes this.
  18. MikasPT

?????
    under rear seat you have the angle sensor and ecu inside passanger seat.
    in rider seat ou have fuse box and battery

19. thanks i'll try that
    i'll keep you updated

20. YZFDanR125

YZFDanR125 Member

Did you by it new? It will be warranted... Mines a 2010 purchased in august... Too me bud sounds like your fuel pump is bust maybe dragged some ************ through? God knows.. You put everything back to how it was? Meaning the cut off switch in question have you checked it's sparking if so it's a fueling issue.. Which I personally think it is due too it not priming when ignition is on.. I take it when you turn it over it just spinning over and not firing? Gave it any throttle whilst doing so?