i am trying to get a r125 on finance

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by michael, Oct 9, 2011.

1. i am 18 going to be 19 next month and i would like to know if its possible to get one on finance without being in employment in other word being unemployed lol

2. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

If you're unemployed, how do you expect to be able to pay them back ?

3. well i do have ways of making money

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

Well I would imagine they would want to see some evidence of regular income so I'd be very surprised if they ok'd it. Giving finance to people who couldn't afford it is just the thing that's shafted the economy causing the likes of me to be taxed to the hilt, hopefully the financial institutions will have learned their lessons.

Toby Jones likes this.
  5. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

I highly doubt you would get accepted, my mum wasnt accepted and she has a good credit history but currently unemployed!

6. argh i aint being unemployed man! but thanks guys.

7. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

17, university student, casual part-time work, mum as guarantor; i got it.

8. I have mine on finances, great job.. ************ bank! Mum had to be guarantor
    However, I am starting to regret getting something on finance for so long..

9. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

me, too. 3 years, you're in negative equity for 2 years. if you sell the bike after year two, all of your money is going to settling the finance. bit of a bummer. i'd not do it again, no way. it'd be an £1800 '08 yellow for me, of which i've already paid it all off if that was the case :(

10. I like to think it was an early-life crisis. However I do love the bike, just a ballache paying for it ;)
    Would rather have a car again now the ************e weather is coming back

still.. just over two years to go :oops:

11. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

i'm praying for a Lupo. when i finish uni, i want two jobs and a decent poker career in hope of having my 1.8 Lupo GTi and keeping hold of the then-182 YZF R. ;)

12. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

I wish I didn't get mine in finance too, I also wanted a car because of the ************ weather so now I've got both at 19 :)

13. Crashed my car before Christmas last year (ice and massive hill in the middle of nowhere!) and finally had to scrap it about 2 months ago because it quite literally gave up life :(
    Anything with a motor or tits will cost a ************ing fortune

14. Killachipmunk

Killachipmunk Member

Ahhhh, the weather's no problem you wimps :p
    But seriously, I rode every day that my college was open last year, it was horrible but I've no problem with doing it again, it's not thaaaaaaat bad, especially if you've got some heated grips. (may need to buy)
    I was lucky, came by some questionable money that allowed me to buy my bike, but I now have no money after that.
    Is finance really that bad an option? I know I'd hate to have no option but to pay every month for years, but do they charge interest or something? What's the tradeoff?

15. I rode last year except in the snow and wasn't a fan at all
    I'm paying around 110 a month which didn't sound too bad at the time of signing.. now I feel like I get raped at the end of the month! Especially when you bring insurance, and maintenance costs into it
    My advice would be avoid finance. Even at 0% :)

16. Killachipmunk

Killachipmunk Member

I'm not the finance type as it is, I'll always save a lump sum and own a bike straight away...

17. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

lol, if you think paying stuff back over 3 years is bad, just wait until you get a mortgage! >£700 per month for 20 years, now that's getting raped every month!

18. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

The only day I rode in the snow was the first day it snowed and I came off and damaged the tissue in my ankle!

19. so you guys really suggest that i avoid finance even if its a o% and i am paying £99 a month... plus can't i just pay like a 1500 deposit den have de rest of the payments on finance

20. mrwhite

mrwhite Member

put a £1500 deposit on a used bike and pay £20 a month for a year if you really want to have a finance agreement. it made the bike immediately accessible. it's cost me more than a car and driving lessons and insurance would ever have done, so i'm slightly pissed.