Learners Permit

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by G_Mackin, Jul 30, 2009.

  1. Hi guys,

    I have a full category B licence, and am in the process of getting a category A learners permit.

    Do you know if I need to do another theory test to get the permit or can I just hand in a copy of my drivers licence?

    Bare in mind I did my thoery test about 5 years ago now when there was only one theory test for all categories.

  2. Caspa

    Caspa Member

    If you got a full car licence then you simply need to get your CBT in order to ride a 125cc with L-Plates... I've had my car licence for 12 years but still needed a CBT certificate... Now I have my theory test booked and after that is passed I will be sorting out my Mod 1 & 2 for my ful licence...

    Like the CBT, the theory test is only valid for 2 years so if you dont get your full licence in that time then you have to do it again... So then one you did 5 years ago is irrelevant...

Share This Page