Riding/lane Splitting In London

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Marthinus Cordier, May 25, 2012.

1. Hey Guys,

I've recorded, edited and uploaded a video of my ride in to work, I work in London so as you can imagine there is quiete a bit of traffic in the mornings which make for some fun splitting.

Where do you guys Live/Ride to?

Video Below:

JsyBiker and Towelie_87 like this.
  2. D-R125

D-R125 Member

Arggh get off the white lines !! LOL where in london do you work, Its the same with me! hate central london, london in general! I want a xj6n

3. D-R125

D-R125 Member

I see city of islington, are you near clerkenwell!?

4. I live in Essex and ride into London 25 miles everyday. I love Splitting, its a lot of fun if there is a Gap. With summer now finally being here - not being on the move gets the bike really hot, I had the bike temp at 108 degrees C today and having that between your legs stuck in traffic is not pretty.

I work all around London as a Network Engineer. Yesterday I visited 7 clients and rode a total of 48miles in London(excluding my commute in: 25 Miles and my commute out: 34 Miles)

5. Firefly

Firefly Member

:) Absolutely cool...!!! :cool:

6. D-R125

D-R125 Member

must be trying at times. I recently passed looking for a bigger bike supersports isnt ideal to commute with

7. Nice video, wish I could filter like that, the nerves get the better of me.

8. Phelsumania

Phelsumania Member

I don't think sports bikes r that bad for commuting. Ho far u got to travel? I commute 60 miles a day and love it on the yzf. I Try to stay on back roads and thrash the balls off it to get a few hours of quality fun and adrenaline rush every day. i generally time how long certain b roads take and try beating them times every journey, I enjoy having a commute just for an excuse to get out and have some fun.

9. I would love to be able to filter on an R6 rather than the XJ6 that I currently have... My XJ6 weighs 230+KGs whereas the R6 probably 170+KGs.

Also the R6 is smaller(not only height but width).

I'll find out in April when I buy my R6 - Waiting to turn 21.

My commute into London ia roughly 30 miles in and 30 miles out. A third of my journey is usually traffic like that. Will post some more filtering videos for you guys...

Ashley Jarvis likes this.
  10. Alonso

Alonso Member

What cam have you got?

11. GoPro HD Hero and GoPro HD Hero 3 Black Edition.

12. 4.37 i live around there!!
    too scared to filter myself

13. Some pretty narrow spaces there :eek: but wow!! :cool: