Rieju Spanish 125s yamaha power new RS3125LC

Discussion in 'Minarelli 125 LC engine based bikes' started by Urban biker, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Just heard the new rieju RS3125LC sports bike made in spain powered by yamaha yfzr 125 lump (4v liquid cooled) has been launched
    Comes with carb rather than efi which let's you make it full power more easily and also fit a big bore kit without having to change the cdi setup
    In uk will be £3299 a grand less than the current yfzr price factory site at http://www.riejumoto.com or check out the rieju pricy page on facebook for loads of images

they also do an enduro and sm machine with same engine and big saving over the yamaha price - the marathon MRT 125 STD and pro versions with big upside showa forks, alloy swing arm, fork and hand guards, alloy handle bars and alloy silencer

2. Nizzle

Nizzle Member

I need my hearing tested im sure im hearing things

3. Robotix

Robotix Member

rieju is a spanish brand, but it isnt made in spain lol
    rieju bought yamaha's R125 engine, and they started using it on their bikes

its a nice way to have a good engine attached to a pretty nice bike (USD fork for example, and other look)

4. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

I started a thread about this already :D

5. weremko

weremko Member

just get the yzf-R125 instead

6. Rieju only make bikes in Spain, factory is near Girona an hour north of Barcelona, they are a Grand cheaper than the Yam, when I see a comparison test against the yam I will post the data, I would put up an image but keep getting "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

7. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

You need to put the picture into photobucket or similar site and use te image code to show images on here!

8. Top speed test on Rieju RS3 125 we got GPS true speed of 78 MPH (126km) 12 stone rider flat road with standard exhaust & gearing, Performance bikes tested a YFZR125 recently and standard top speed was GPS true speed 72 MPH video coming soon, interestingly we could get 70MPH nearly as fast as the YFZR125 in 5th gear with one more gear to go, I reckon taking the CAT out of the silencer should see 80 mph, not bad for a four stroke! and nearly a Grand less money than the Yamaha

9. Is this as good looking as a YFZR 125 ? £900 less and slightly better top speed [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. L-J-P

L-J-P staff Staff Member

no not as good looking, not sure about the speed as i havent seen it, and the R's engine will be more reliable.

11. Wildkid

Wildkid Member

Not as good looking by far, rear end is horrible, rieju's are prone to rust, tyres look even thinner and like liam said, yamaha you know their reliable...

12. YZFDanR125

YZFDanR125 Member

Performance stats are looking promising!

13. YZFDanR125

YZFDanR125 Member

Yamaha for me all day long..

14. vixy

vixy Administrator Staff Member

same engine only difference is the fuel delivery.

rieju rs3 = carburetor
    r125 = efi

carburetor you can tune it to provide much bigger power.
    not enough? go for big carb.

r125, until we can find a better upgrade kit to EFI
    then r125 can match the performance of rs3

nonetheless both have the same engine
    and it shows thats how good engine
    the minaerelli lc has.

r125 and rs3 are both cousins :)

great info there urban biker !

15. Its running identical engine to the Yam, made by Minarelli (yams engine plant in Italy) but uses a carburettor instead of electronic fuel injection, allowing for easier performance tuning? and slightly more power as stock

I saw this release on MCN:

Rieju’s Yamaha-powered

RS3 125 LC has just been released to UK dealers, priced at £3299 plus OTR.

The Spanish-built machine is powered by the six speed 4 valve water-cooled Yamaha YFZR-125 engine, but uses a carburettor instead of electronic fuel injection, allowing for easier performance tuning.

The lightweight, learner-friendly machine weighs in at 128kg (dry), 15bhp, uses an all new dual perimeter steel chassis, Ø40mm upside-down forks, a braced aluminium swing-arm, 17" alloy rims shod with Mitchelin pilot sport tyres, twin-piston radial disc brakes. Digital dash with top-speed memory and daytime LED side lights plus dual fairing mounted projector headlamps.

Developed from the RS2 racing range, aftermarket parts include a high compression piston, competition silencer and a big bore kit.

Colours options Red or White
    Available from 65 nationwide dealers with 24 months full parts and labour warranty

www.riejumoto.com www.facebook.com/riejumotorcycles

16. Picture of red version [​IMG]

17. What is true GSP speed of the R Yam as standard? last week we speed tested a new Rieju RS3 125 & got GPS true speed of 78 MPH (126km) 12 stone rider flat road with standard exhaust & gearing, Performance bikes tested a YFZR125 recently and standard top speed was GPS true speed 72 MPH (even their big bore bike only made true speed 82 mph), interestingly we could get 70MPH nearly as fast as the YFZR125 in 5th gear with one more gear to go, I reckon taking the CAT out of the silencer should see 80 mph, not bad for a four stroke! and nearly a Grand less money than the Yamaha