Vin And Engine Number Location

Discussion in 'Technical Discussions' started by Fast_like_a_fox, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Having searched the interwebs and this forum i still cant find anyone who can tell me in detail where i can find the vin plate or the engine number on a 2008 yzf r125.

Im about to buy my first r125 and ive done the HPI check its all clean but i want to check the VIN plate and engine number for any tempering. I need help locating them and if anyone could please give some advice on what to look out for when buying one i would be very grateful.

P.S if you could provide pictures of the loation that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

2. Sparkyjoe

Sparkyjoe Member

I think one of the numbers is located where the front forks meet the frame, a little black plate with silver writing, to the right hand side of the bike as you look forward. Could be the Chassis / frame number, I don't know.

3. hi mate thanks for that man.

finally bought my r125 and it was exactly where you said it would be so thank you again for that.

4. Sparkyjoe

Sparkyjoe Member

No worries mate, enjoy the bike and happy riding :)

5. Yammyboy94

Yammyboy94 Member

so, theres a thread about a new bike and nobody has even thought to mention....PHOTOS!! we LOVE photo's on this site to whack some up :)
    enjoy the bike buddy there seriously fantastic machines and without a doubt the best in the 125 class

6. As soon as i can tear myself away from the bike i will take some photos and put it up.

Trust me ive learnt very quickly how awesome these bike are, i love the bike man.